We understand the need to keep our precious cargo (read : clothes) continously spotless, clean and on our very very fine self, but at the inevitable moment when a drop of sauce accidentally finds itself onto your white brand new shirt, or when you decide that after wearing it that it needs to be cleaned, here are some tips for your at home care of Nelissa Hilman garments.
Basic Care Tips
- Try to avoid using biological washing powder to clean your clothes. They contain small amounts of bleaching agents that cause colour fading of organic cotton over time.
- Wash your clothes inside out.
- Dry them inside out to avoid fading
- Iron! but only when necessary and iron it inside out! Natural cottons tend to shrink and discolour with heat.
- Hang up your clothes to avoid creases that happen when you fold them.
While it also always helps to ask our dear friend "Google" on how to care for said precious cargo, to be safe, we also attached a care tag on the inside to help you in preserving the life span of your clothes.
Here is what it says
- Machine wash cold - Lower temperatures can help save energy usage and also prolong the lifespan of your clothes. Natural and Organic Cottons are untreated with chemicals thus allowing it to shrink and receive damage when exposed to heat.
- Treat it to a warm iron (again, inside out) - Should the need to remove creases from your clothes arise, iron them inside out to protect the colour and always make sure the iron is at a low temperature.
- Do not bleach or tumble dry - Bleaching can cause damage to the fibre strength on your clothes. Try avoiding tumble drying as well when washing your clothes as it will cause creases and when possible, hang your clothes out to dry inside out under sunlight.
- Wash and dry your dark clothes separately - Do not mix dark colours with light ones for the first few washes to avoid dye bleed!