At Nelissa Hilman, we're looking for people who are intelligent, focused, entrepreneurial, able to think creatively, and have a strong sense of aesthetic and respect for excellent craftsmanship. Candidates should be eligible to work in Klang Valley, Malaysia. Learn more about our open positions below.
Interns have the opportunity to contribute to every facet of our growing company. They will be assigned to one of the following departments: creative and web, marketing and PR, design and production, customer experience, or retail. Expectations are that interns be highly professional, efficient, reliable, and proactive problem solvers, willing to pitch in anywhere that is needed.
Position: Full-time and part-time (Malaysians)
Location: UG-20, Bangsar Village II, Kuala Lumpur
The Retail Ambassador role is responsible for bringing Nelissa Hilman to life for our customers. You foster a positive environment while delivering a best-in-class store experience. You are customer focused, enjoy serving others, and are passionate about our product. Your goal is to have a positive impact on someone’s time in our store as you will be the face of our brand, and a champion of our mission and values.
You inspire others through connection and education. You love styling our customers and focused on exceeding individual goals. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to work in various aspects of the business.
Your team can count on you to be a team player and show up with optimism and enthusiasm that influence others positively. We’re looking for bright, affable Retail Associates who love the Nelissa Hilman brand to work with us at our retail store in Bangsar Village. This is an excellent opportunity to be involved with the Nelissa Hilman team as we explore new forms of retail. This is a full-time position. You must be available to work for five days a week.
As a Retail Ambassador, you:
- Use curiosity to gain strong customer understanding to deliver customer-centric solutions that exceed expectations.
- Takes on opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency and high energy.
- Shows pride in your work and takes ownership of your own performance.
- Foster emotional and social connection within the store environment and community, while recognizing the value that different perspectives bring.
- Take accountability for how you present yourself and manage your emotions in order to create a positive environment for yourself and others.
Your day to day
- Provide an amazing shopping experience for guests; fielding questions and providing upbeat, empathetic customer assistance in-person as well as other communication channels which include WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook.
- Be the brand’s eyes and ears, filtering all feedback to the Nelissa Hilman team. Provide exceptional product knowledge; giving style advice and explaining product details.
- Communicate Nelissa Hilman’s values and ethos to customers while maintaining an environment that reflects Nelissa Hilman’s aesthetic.
- Process purchases, returns and exchanges.
- Keep our store clean and tidy and maintain store presentation.
- Process, organize, and prepare inventory, as well as restock sales floor throughout the day.
We’d love to hear from you if you have
- Have interned or worked in fashion, retail or service industry and familiar with Shopify POS system.
- A passion for helping others and enjoys being apart of a team.
- The ability to multi-task and pivot quickly while working in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
- Have exceptional communication skills and are comfortable receiving feedback. A fan of Nelissa Hilman, our product, and our values.
- Bonus: have good taste in music and enjoys creating content on social media (Instagram and TikTok).
What is expected of you:
- Must bend, reach, and stretch for product, as well as lift, carry and move at least 10kg of product and inventory.
- Have a minimum of 40 hours of availability that supports the needs of the business, including: nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must regularly stand and move around all areas of the store and be accessible to customers.
Benefits at Nelissa Hilman
- EPF, SOCSO and EIS
- Sales commission
- Product and visual merchandising training
- Staff merchandise discount
- Annual and medical leave*
Visual Communication Intern
Location: Ara Damansara, Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Who You Are
- You are pursuing your Bachelor's Degree in Visual Communications, Graphic Design or equivalent portfolio
- You live and breathe visual storytelling, design, digital and interactive experiences and are naturally curious about better ways to do things and desire to proactively seek constructive feedback
- You command strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate ideas and able to set priorities and manage time
Benefits at Nelissa Hilman
- Merchandise discount
- Annual and medical leave
Please send your cover letter and CV (in PDF format) and portfolio, if relevant (PDF or weblink), to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate area of interest and availability. Should you be shortlisted for the role, we will send you an invitation via email for an interview.